Donate Now!

Donate Now!
Buy a membership or koozies to help!

Thursday, September 06, 2007

One of those days

Have you ever woken up and knew immediately that it was going to be "one of those days"? Just happened to me. I woke to find the window sill of our back door has been torn out, and missing {blame lays squarely on our pitsky ~that's what we have been calling our mix breed pup, of pitt bull and husky~} It's pouring down rain, and my truck windows are down. I swore I had a pumpkin butter recipe from last year posted, but that link takes you do a different page now, instead of the forum where it was first posted. All my boys are snoring, which means they all have the beginnings of a cold.

I want to curl up in an aching ball and go back to bed. Yes, it just might turn out to be "one of those days".

Someone want to come over and start the days bread for me? I am not in the mood. ~weary grin~

Yet there has got to be something today that will lift this gloom. Maybe the boys can still go to school? My truck needed a good cleaning. That backdoor was ugly anyway, and needed to be replaced. I wanted to write up the pumpkin butter recipe again, anyway. Now I am just entertaining myself with being silly.

But I will say that I am still excited about the new Jack. And I have been giggling most the afternoon. But I am unsure if those of you voting know your sci-fi and having a good laugh or not. I have been imaging the lot of you running around the back forty, dressed in black leather trench coats and sun glasses. If this is the case, then the whole sci-fi homesteader brings in a new oddity to the self-sufficient. And I thought me in my all black, combat boots and death metal was a strange pairing with homesteading. ~hahaha!~ If you haven't yet, go vote. I will keep it open until Friday to give those of you that read via feed only time to get your two cents in.

9 comments:

Billy said...

I voted for neo. Just wanted to apologize for not coming to the party. Work has been killer for me the last month. Looks like work has been killer for you as well. October is around the corner and I am looking forward to Halloween. How is the garden? My tomato plant just started producing and my pepper plants give me one or two a week. Slow, but that's okay considering I don't have the time to put into it.

Phelan said...

That's ok. I understand. You had a better exuse then one of the others. Oh, do you still want to go apple picking? I am going to call my mother-in-law this evening and see if her friend is still willing to give us free apples.

Marina said...

Love the picture! You're going to have to add it to your banner somehow, should Neo win out.

Anonymous said...

I'm not saying, but I'm just saying...Mal could kick Neo's butt. (And if he couldn't I *know* Jayne could.)

*grin*

The Fool said...

H'lo Phelan...if the sci-fi sweeps is a ref to naming the donkey...I vote for Firefly Ban (how do you make that "a" with the hash mark?). If you are referring to something else...please clue me in. Homesteading is science fiction...isn't it?

:)

Phelan said...

Marina, I knew you would like it.

alrescate, do I sigh or roll my eyes at you?

The Fool, yes, the refernce of sci-fi would be about naming the donkey Firefly Neo was in the lead last time I checked. The hash mark is called a fada. I have a program that does it for me as I use fadas in my novels.

Anonymous said...

Well you could sigh *and* roll your eyes cause I can't see or hear you. (And it wouldn't matter much if you could anyway.)

Mal: It looks like we arrived just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoƫ: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

*grin*

Gina said...

I love the name (yes, it's the one I voted for, LOL!); he's so cute!

I may have that pumpkin butter recipe (I'll have to look). I made it last year from your link and it is very, very good!

Phelan said...

alrescate, my eyes hurt from rolling.

gina, oh you have it? goody goody. ok I am just thrilled that you used the recipe. ~big grin~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...