Donate Now!

Donate Now!
Buy a membership or koozies to help!

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Natural Fly trap


Reposting because the flies have emerged! 

After the months and months of over 105F and no rain. We got 2", and flies. Flies are freakin everywhere! Thick swarms, so I had to do something.

I tried various recipes for traps and repellents. The Lavender worked a bit, but still my home was invaded. This one trap worked the best out of all that I tried.

1 quart jar, with lid
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
Water

Puncture some medium holes in the lid. Add the sugar and vinegar, then top with water. Screw on lid and place jar where the flies are a nuisance.






4 comments:

HermitJim said...

I had forgotten about this, so I appreciate yo re-posting it for me. I have a good feeling this will be needed big time this summer!

kath said...

This is great. I'll definitely have to try this one.

Unknown said...

Could you use apple cider vinegar?

Phelan said...

Yes, I have used it before with similar results.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...