Donate Now!

Donate Now!
Buy a membership or koozies to help!

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

You'll Never Guess what I've been doing

Pulling nails out of reclaimed 2x4's.

I know exciting. well I did manage to draw blood as a whacked myself in the face with the pry bar. That was fun.

Oh, and trying to put a wedding together in a month.

Oct 31st 2010 is our wedding day. Husband (or should I say soon-to-be Husband again) decided to give me a bit o' fun and make it a little more than a month away.

Halloween? Yes Halloween. We have a soft spot for that holiday. We have been together for 14 years, and have spent almost 10 years on the Neophyte Homestead which we signed the papers for and moved into on Halloween.

And since Husband says wedding are no more than production plays, I thought I would give him a good one, and it will be a masquerade ball. All on a budget of $1.25. No really, I have to put it together with no money. And so far so good. Since we don't need anything, no presents are required, however doing this seems to encourage people to offer wedding help. Only thing I need to buy so far is Halloween make up and fx makeup, cloth for my dress and contact lenses for husband.

Husband has been ornery these past few days. I think he is happy about it, but still feels the need to make me work for it. The brat.


I have to go to the farm this morning, Undies keeps slipping out of the fence, and no one is sure how. Luckily it isn't all of them, and he stays close. And the remnant of Hermine will be here sometime today. I have been getting flood warnings for the past 2 days. So early out, hopefully. I don't want to be caught in floods at the farm. But will bring a couple books just in case.

5 comments:

SkippyMom said...

Awesome day to get married I must say. If there is anything I can do - if you need notions [thread, bias ribbon, zippers, trims, etc.] let me know. I have quite a stash. But anything else you can think of I would love to help out.

Take care. This is so exciting :D

HermitJim said...

I think it's kinda cool! After all this time, a weeding is nice...and getting married on Halloween sounds like fun!

You two are always coming up with fun ways to amuse each other!

Good luck on the plans!

Red_Beard said...

We all know she'd never ask, but let's all chip in and send a wedding presents through the paypal button on her blog!

upinak said...

HOW FUN!

I got married on top of a mountain, raining, with a pretty lake behind us and a it "foggy".

But it was Alaskan.. Hubby was wearing camo! LOL

Have fun with it!

Phelan said...

Red Beard, oh my! Thank you so very much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...