Donate Now!

Donate Now!
Buy a membership or koozies to help!

Friday, July 11, 2008

Won't you be? Won't you Please, won't you please be my neighbor?

I'm starting to love craigslist! No, not because of the farm animals I can get, but because of the great people I meet. Last night I went to pick up some Polish juveniles that some one was selling, and managed to stay and talk for quite awhile. Just like the last time I went and picked up a few local chicks. (now that will get me some interesting web searches)

They live just inside the city limits, and less then a block from Monster-seto. They are concern about what that company is spraying out in the fields. So am I. They have a great urban set up. Her garden was wonderful! They gave me some of their squashes. It was a great visit. Her and I are both anti-social, but we seemed to get along. It would be nice to have some friends in the area, we will see.

After I arrived home last night, the neighbor across the way was in the garage with my husband, tinkering with the bike we have had on the lift forever. He informed me that their house was going up for sale. It is 5.1 acres, unfenced, with a double wide mobile home on it. 1 garage and an out building. The beginnings of a large chicken coop, and a chick nursery and hatchery. They do have the same problem as I, with the land being stripped, but they have more sand/loam type soil, not the clay. Yes, yes I am hoping to make a future homesteader land connection here. Personally I would love for one of you guys to buy the place. Of course this is for purely selfish reasons, I don't want to have to explain myself to someone that buys that land without looking at the neighborhood. Kansas is a great place to live, just ignore the month of August. Email me if you might be interested, and I will keep you update on price and all of that.

And this morning, this morning I woke up with a swollen and painful hand. Clenching fist in my sleep? The only thing I can think of. I haven't been out to milk the cows yet because of this. I can't grasp my coffee cup, let alone a teat.

6 comments:

Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

I have never visited craig's list. I might go there today. Has entrecard helped your traffic?

crash7457 said...

why thank u--new found friend!! i like u also--and that speaks volumes for both of us!--
i love your reality--
your sense of adventure-
and especially your hands on knowledge and ability to look past my social ineptness!--you are BRILLIANT!! i learned more in that short time we shared---(so far)-cuz i'm taking u up on the day trip--what a great blog!!! thank you for coming into my life-so that i dont have to learn the hard way---i think we have both had enough of that in our days!!
-thank you for teaching me that there are others like me! i am going out to baby oil my corn silk right now!!! c u soon-i hope! i know my chicks are in good hands--will have more for you soon!! i hear the roosters crow! gotta go!
don't tell anyone--but i cant wait to clean a couple of them!!!!-lol

Phelan said...

Craigs list is a great resource Tim. Entrecard hasn't helped too much with traffic, a bit. Someone stuck me in the eviro cat. I listed myself in home and garden, but the enviro cat seems to be bringing more traffic

Crash, just let me know when.

Billy said...

(sigh) I wish, I wish, I wish I could buy that land.

Anonymous said...

Can you get me to persuade my husband? We just came back from vacation in the country and I was unhappy to be back in the city. Grr!

FancyHorse said...

I'm glad you made a new friend, and I hope you get some good, like-minded neighbors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...