Donate Now!

Donate Now!
Buy a membership or koozies to help!

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Bitting my lip

Things are getting exciting here on the homestead. But ALAS! I am not to breath a word of it, yet. And it is hard not to tell it, but things are not quiet ready for the telling.

My middle child rode bareback for the first time yesterday. My husband had hid the camera from our youngest son, and I couldn't find it to take photos. But I have it now. Today he will be riding with a saddle. Yesterday he also learned how to get on and off a horse, getting it to walk, and stop. He also learn to use hand signals for back up your in my space, and which direction you want the horse to go in while standing in front of him. They showed him how to get the horse to jump over barrels and bow, the last two they have been training the horse to do and were just showing off for my son.

Today he will be on a saddle, learning the basics of saddle riding. Yesterday was just to get him use to being on such a large horse. Not sure why they choose the youngest and biggest horse they have, but they know what they are doing.

No, I can't tell you.

8 comments:

Mysti said...

You are aweful! LMAO! Can you tell us soon at least? Look forward to the pics.

Phelan said...

Ain't I a stinker? I might be able to tell you part of it on Monday.

Celeste said...

;-P I want to know

Anita said...

Aw come on! We all hate suspense...

Can't wait to see the pics - how exciting...

Howling Hill said...

They may have started on the youngest and largest horse to see if your son would cower in fear from a spirited and big horse. That's what they did with me; like your son, I didn't cower.

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting on pins and needles to hear your news!

Anonymous said...

such good news about your son! You must be so proud.....and scared! :) Are guesses allowed?! :)

Phelan said...

you guys are more than welcome to guess.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...