Donate Now!

Donate Now!
Buy a membership or koozies to help!

Thursday, December 21, 2006

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas

I have been having problems commenting on some blogs. Just to let some of you know, I am reading, I just can't respond. Can I blame dial-up, blogger?

Winter Break has started for my oldest boy. He will be out of school until after the New Year. My husband will be taking his first vacation from work, ever in the almost 20 years he has worked. That doesn't mean I get a break here, with both of them home, that means I will have more work to do. I know my husband, and realize there will be a new project to take on this coming week.

We celebrate Christmas on the secular level here, with the exception of my eldest boy who is a Christian.Stockings have been hung by the door with care, above our little graffiti artist's work {why do they always seem to find that one permanent marker in the house?}

My Christmas shopping has been done for a week now, actually two people are left, and my husband will be picking them up gifts from the motorcycle shop. {all gifts, except one, have been bought from local craftsmen and stores, or were homemade}

The Christmas get togethers will start on Saturday. My boys are excited that they will get three days of gift openings. I felt that this year I'd rather spend the day at home with my kids then rushing about to everyone's house on Christmas Day. This year every grandparent will get a full day of us. How can they stand it?

And Cheryl, I will take that as a compliment, and I will also agree, I wouldn't want to be left in a room alone with myself either.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

OK, I have to admit my one not environmentally friendly weekness. The Magic Eraser sponge thing-y. It will totally take that marker off your wall.

Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

Chelee, I will confess I did try the magic Erase {A fit of desperation} and it didn't work on this spot. It dimmed it somewhat put that's all. I thought about glueing a frame around it and calling it art.

Cheryl said...

It was definitely meant as a compliment! ; )

Stephanie Appleton said...

We have "art work" on our bedroom wall just like yours!

Have a great Christmas and enjoy your day home with the family! I am looking forward to ours!

Billy said...

Well, be careful if you go out. Hope you have a wonderful time with your family.

Heather said...

Try rubbing alcohol and elbow grease to get the marker off. Test first, it may remove paint. Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...