Donate Now!

Donate Now!
Buy a membership or koozies to help!

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Clarifications

I had written this long winded post, but thought better of it and have condensed it considerably.

First, I have my opinions as an outsider, why there are no jobs in this community. But for now, I shall keep them to myself. We haven't given up on looking for work, it is a daily ritual. 

Secondly, I have some amazing, inspiring friends from all over the world that remind me of why I do the things I do. That keep me sane. And whose peer pressure is so vast, that I can not give up on things, or they will hunt me down.

Third, the Neophyte Homestead is in Kansas. I have not yet lost the Kentucky Holler.

Fourth, I wrote my post yesterday out of frustration, tiredness, and the fear of the unknown. This is one reason that I will be taking a break. 

Fifth, up until last week I was unable to prove I live here. So any assistants would have been next to impossible to receive. 

Husband and I sat down and figured out a new game plan. More sacrifices have to be made for us to stay.  Plan A is now plan B. The new plan A? Survive. The skills I learned at my leisure in Kansas have now become skills I must use to survive here.

I will be keeping a private journal for a bit. And will update you on decisions, and our future. 

Thank you for listening, or reading, and being understanding. 

12 comments:

Harry Flashman said...

Let your readers know as much as you feel comfortable with. We are in your corner.

Jess (Ozark Momma) said...

What Harry said!

And yay on finally having proof of residency...I know assistance isn't exactly the way you want to be going but there is no shame in getting it when you need it.

You've got this, P....I've got faith.

Lynda said...

Please check with your local school districts and see if they have started to post summer positions. Food service positions are fairly easy to get and because they are Federally funded USDA programs hiring practices are more than fair. You are more than qualified to be an assistant cook for Head Start, Summer ASES programs, etc. If you need some added advice or information send me an email...I'm very involved with the USDA's Food Service Programs.

Sandy Livesay said...

I have to agree with Harry, were all in your corner.

guyf2000 said...

Found your site looking for blackberry propagation procedures. I've some wild ones I want to tame and put into rows.

Then I read your latest. I'll be looking in every so often to see how things are going.

Weather here in Pa is coolish and damp; too cool to get things started. Probably need to try to start the veg and whatnot inside.

Jederah said...

Love you. Hugs

Felinae said...

Sending you hugs and positive energy.
(((Phelan)))

FancyHorse said...

Still hoping things will start looking up for you soon, very soon!

kymber said...

you have much support from many of your readers and you all know that we are in your corner. teehee - some of them might even hunt you down! most of us have the skills we have because we learned them from you! head high honey...if you need some form of assistance - that's what it's there for. I can't speak about where taxes are used in the states, but up here in Canada, a large majority of us gladly pay taxes in order to help hard-working families like yours. I'm always here and always will be and if there is anything that we can do - you just yell ok?

your friend,
kymber

kymber said...

you have much support from many of your readers and you all know that we are in your corner. teehee - some of them might even hunt you down! most of us have the skills we have because we learned them from you! head high honey...if you need some form of assistance - that's what it's there for. I can't speak about where taxes are used in the states, but up here in Canada, a large majority of us gladly pay taxes in order to help hard-working families like yours. I'm always here and always will be and if there is anything that we can do - you just yell ok?

your friend,
kymber

Anonymous said...

Had an idea -- maybe you can sell things in the shop like jams, fresh bread, etc. just an idea, but one brownie for a dollar wouldn't be much to someone picking up their bike and you could parlay it into grocery money. Anyway just a thought. Also what about rabbit or coon tails to tie to handlebars.

Anonymous said...

Just an idea, maybe you could take in canned jams for sale in the shop. And on days you think you might have people (sat/sun) you could take in brownies. Sell them individually wrapped for a dollar and parlay that to grocery money. Or sell eggs in the shop. It would be a draw. Also what about taking broken equipment that your husband could repair like two stroke weed whackers, tillers etc. this could also be built up to an equipment rental side biz.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...