Because of the abnormal amount of rain we are having so late into the summer, I have discovered that some of my carrots are rotting in the ground. I pulled 2 lbs of baby carrots yesterday. I am also experimenting with making my own feeder creep. You will have to stay tuned to see how that works out.
We moved the bannies into larger enclosure, one with trees and tall grass. While watching them fly up into the tree to roost we noticed a few huge bugs running around it. t first we thought it was spiders, but on loser inspection we discovered a colony of cockroaches. I am hoping that the chickens will handle this problem before they get into my house.