A few weeks back we discovered a mold problem in the master bath. Though not wide spread, it was a terrible mess. Some of the dry wall had to be removed, and we discovered a crack in the tub. Now what to do with this empty room.
Yesterday we finished the nursery project. It wasn't very eventful, and my husband did most of the work. I just stood around looking purdy. Oh and I took some pictures, Sometimes you should really try and be useful.
We have an old box spring frame. The wood is good, so we decided not to burn it. Good thing, because it took center stage in our project.
Using some reclaimed rope ( it was part of a cat scratching post. The rope was great, but the cardboard insert the manufacture used to keep in all together wasn't) and some shop lights, he hung the frame from the bathroom ceiling.
This frame is no wider then our bathtub was. A definite plus.
We then transferred the plants out of the egg cartons in to the larger pots.
They were getting close to being root bound.
As I was placing pots under the frame, I looked up to see the newest member of our household eager to help, or pounce on me.
Slowly the plants were placed in the nursery.
Using a pulley system, we lowered the far side of the frame, evening out the light distribution.