Donate Now!

Donate Now!
Buy a membership or koozies to help!

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Not much to say

I really don't have too much to share right now. Though I do miss writing to you. The winter is, luckily, easier than last. We have food, we have friends, we have plenty of heat. No real snow fall yet, so the driveway of doom has been easier to navigate. However things have been freezing. 

So we must take water to the cows.





And that makes them happy. We did lose Xuxi however. Her calf is doing well. Our new year has started out on some very sour notes. But joyful things have been pushing in on us. I have several laborers coming out to do many things. They are some wonderful men. In exchange for their work, I will be showing them some things, canning and gardening are on their list of must learns. 

I could list out all our plans, but I thought it would be better to wait until we are actually doing these things. So much has been pushed back as it is because of circumstances, as they are. We are taking baby steps and building community. That's important to us right now. And that means soon I will be introducing you to more characters in our ever changing story. I think you may enjoy them as much as we have been.

Until the next time I am able to write. . .

5 comments:

Sandy Livesay said...

Phelan,

It's colder than a witches tit in a brass bra here too, lol......
Good to see you back on the computer!
I'm glad to hear y'all have enough heat, and have some guys coming down to help you out.

Can't wait to hear about your plans as they come around throughout this year.
Hugs and love to you, and your guys.
Sandy

DFW said...

Phelan,

Looking forward to hearing all about your next adventures.

FancyHorse said...

Glad to hear that this winter is better for you so far! Friends, food, and heat - all very important!

Looking forward to your updates.

Anonymous said...

Large??? He's a man now, when did that happen? Glad things are going good on the homestead.

Aunt D.

Lisa said...

I am driving thru Kansas right now and my thoughts are focused on you Phelan! its cool out...39F today...the air is brisk and the fields are all tidy...fat cows...and..as ever...for the last 7 years...Kansas represents all the time I spent perusing your blog and yearning for my own homestead...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...