Donate Now!

Donate Now!
Buy a membership or koozies to help!

Friday, June 07, 2013

Day two

We woke to rain yesterday. Nothing like Kansas rain, here it actually comes straight down, it's not vertical. Never seen anything like it!  (Being playful)

We are here in Kentucky for a week. We got the deed yesterday and we sign for it Monday. We just bought about 58 acres of the most gorgeous hilled land. My girls should never want for good hay again! 

Husband and I went exploring in the rain yesterday. So I wasn't able to get pictures. Today is a different story though. 

The driveway is a steep grade down hill, the drop off one one side is easily 25 ft. The holler is open plain. With trees starting at the base of the hills. I am not able to get into the cave area, because of my knee, but saw it from a distance. The boys had a good time exploring as well. The cabin is more finished than we had thought. It has septic, and a rain collection system. It's only one bedroom, but as it isn't finished on the inside, we can change it to two for now. 

Ad it is so quiet. No polka music, no ticked off horses waking me in the mornings. The holler I is even quieter than Small Farm Girl's place. She has a great set up.

It still all feels so surreal. No one has pinched me yet, and I am not sure that I want them to. I feel so amazingly blessed for getting this land, and honored that my neighbor wanted me here.

I will be back tomorrow with pictures.


12 comments:

Stephanie Appleton said...

Looks like home! Can't wait to meet you face to face after all these years of online interaction!

Donna. W said...

Kentucky is beautiful indeed. I'm happy for you.

Donna. W said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bbarna said...

This looks beautiful!!

Laurie said...

All RIGHT! Woo hoo! And "cave" area? You realize that you are in driving distance now, right? :-)

Linda said...

This all sounds so exciting. I am limited to where I can explore because of my knee, just a torn meniscus, nothing as serious as yours. The pictures are all so pretty. In what part of Kentucky do you live?

Sandy Livesay said...

Sounds so exciting. I'm very happy for you. Wish I had an opportunity to move to a place that is quiet.

kymber said...

yes to the pictures!!! can't wait to see your beautiful new land!

your friend,
kymber

Katidids said...

YEAH!!!! Glad you are HOME!! And, akinda, sorta, almost neighbor. Photos tomorrow or we will hunt you down!~ Oh, well maybe not,,,,you'll just put us all to work LOL!

Wendy said...

Not sure where you are in Kentucky, but I still have family in the Lexington area and further down into mountains near the Virginia border. It's beautiful, beautiful country, and I'm sure you will find peace.

Congratulations on your move! I can't wait to hear more about your Kentucky adventures ;).

Felinae said...

Oh yay! I'm so happy and excited for you. Look forward to seeing pictures.

Hugs
~Fel~

West Tx at Heart said...

looks like heaven

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...