Donate Now!

Donate Now!
Buy a membership or koozies to help!

Monday, October 10, 2011

Do you remember Sam?

For those of you that don't, Seminole Wind (Sam) was a horse that Good Neighbor had given us. We had her for awhile, but when our plans fell through, we were unable to keep her.

I donated her to a horse therapy program for low income Autistic children called "Abe's Hearts and Hooves".

They don't have a website, however they do have a Facebook page. You can find it here>>>Abe's Hearts and Hooves.

One of the owners came by yesterday to let me know how things were going. She's one of the more popular girls, the kids are loving her. Turns out this was indeed the best thing for Sam.

5 comments:

Mamma Bear said...

How sweet! I am not a member of facebook but I am glad Sam went to a good home and helping the children. I can just imagine all the love and attention Sam is getting.

Coffeekittie said...

Good morning, Phelan,

It's been a long time since I have been able to come and see how you are doing, and I missed your posts :)

Glad Sam ended up in a good place.

Does your new disclaimer help? I keep thinking of actually writing on my own blogsite, but the vicious judgmental crap spewed freely by so many stops me every time. It's a relief that you still take time to let us e-fans/e-friends know what is happening there. Heh, e-friend, well, at least on my end! :)

Parker

Phelan said...

Hi Parker! I was thinking about you the other day. Wondering where you had disappeared to. The disclaimer. . . well I didn't lose any readers and haven't gained any over it.

small farm girl said...

That is so good to hear!

Danny Pizdetz said...

It's very hard to give up animals when times are bad. But it's the responsible thing to do and I sincerely applaud you for it. I hope things look up soon and I'm glad to hear Sam is doing well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...