Donate Now!

Donate Now!
Buy a membership or koozies to help!

Monday, September 26, 2011

Finally, A Fun Break

We rarely go out and do things. Now that Large is old enough to babysit, Husband and I have been going out on the bike for an hour or so. He is dead set on finding me a blueberry slushy for some reason (now we have a bet, if you know where one is, don't tell him, please) I digress, we tend not to splurge on ourselves at all. But this weekend Husband felt that the boys and I should go out and do something.

I think he might have seen how depressed I was getting. How isolated I felt. So he suggested I take the boys to the Fall Festival. Large had stayed over with friends, so it was just Medium, Small and I. We hit the rides on Saturday. Neither one of them had ever been on fair rides before. Small discovered he doesn't like heights, and Medium has declared he will never go on another spinning ride alone with me again. With Small on board I took it easy with the spinning. But most of the rides were spin style ones.

Large called in while I was on the Spider (use to be call the octopus) Luckily Small and I were sitting at the top of the ride waiting for them to load more people, I think the high wait freaked him out more than anything else. Large met up with us about 30 minutes later. This gave me a chance to ride faster rides with Medium, while Large took Small and we traded that way for a bit. (and I think by the 5th Titlt-a-whirl ride, the operator and I were dating ha!)

But all in all, Medium and Small had a blast. They told Husband all about it. I wish he could have been with us, but he had to work. Large showed up with an attitude that kind of ruined it for us.

Sunday Husband and I rode into town to check out the bike show. It was rather slow, and the quietest motorcycle show I had ever seen. A few people that knew use from our bike stopped us and asked why our's wasn't in the show, they would have voted for it. Husband is always happy (read smug) to hear that.

We got home and went back to work on the porch/bunker. It's looking pretty cool, can't wait to show you all.

Hope your weekends went well.

8 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm glad you got to take the kids out for a fair. The rides don't excite me anymore. I am kinda freaked with heights and I don't like to spin either. We have found that we can get in free for the duration of the fair when our Casgora goats go to Old MacDonalds Farm. Hey, free rides that I don't like. At least our GD Jasmine loves to be dropped, spun and heights. We only have to pay for fair food. Now that is expensive enough. Glad you got to go for a ride. Hope you are feeling better.

Donna. W said...

Tilt-a-whirl is my favorite ride of all time.

small farm girl said...

I love the Tilt-a-Whirl! Oh, I got to go on a bike ride this weekend for the first time in 16 years! I think I might be hooked again. lol

Judy said...

I'm terrified of a Ferris wheel, but put me a roller-coaster that does full loops and I will ride it all day long. I know, totally weird! I'm glad you and the kids got out for some fun, even if the oldest was having a 'teen-ager moment'. I'm also happy to read you and Hubby are getting to take off and have some time together sure makes the rest of life easier to take.

FancyHorse said...

I'm glad you had a day off for fun. I still love ferris wheels, but quit roller coasters when I was still in my 20s - a long time ago now!

Thanks for your comment., I appreciate the hugs. (((hugging back!)))

Anonymous said...

I don't do rides anymore, except the tilt-a-whirl and I will ride that at the end of the day at fair, right before I can go home and be quietly sick-feeling all night long. Good for Husband picking up on your emotions and doing something (think he'd give mine lessons?).

MamaHen said...

Hey, glad ya'll got to go to the fair!! I always enjoy going to ours though i don't do the rides. :)

Basic Humanity said...

sounds like fun. I remember being a grumpy teenager hating fairs and things. I was such a miserable little turd sometimes. I haven't been on fair rides in ages, can't wait in a few weeks for bonfire night and the fair then. woop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...