Donate Now!

Donate Now!
Buy a membership or koozies to help!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'm thinkin' . . . horror movie

Yesterday we planted children. We are hoping for a good harvest (think Motel Hell)
planting childanother sprout
Actually we dug holes for the posts for our driveway gate. No gate yet, but the cat seems to enjoy the view.
Jim
Sunday evening we had a gorgeous storm move in,
storm
a rainbow preceded it. ( I have no idea what that black spot in the corner of the pictures is.)
rainbow
hard to see rainbow

And I am officially hurt. My right hand is bandaged, my husband diagnosed me with slight tendinitis, and acute muscle trauma. Wonderful! I have it slightly immobile, but as I am severely right handed, I am having a hard time not using it.

I am going to upset a few of you. We decided to go with the name Urth, for our new calf. (pronounced Earth, like Urtha Kit) It is the name of the ancient goddess of Fate. We thought it fitting. Speaking of cows, my husband and I were milking Mama yesterday, things were going right along until she suddenly decided that she was done. She caught my husband by surprise and his head ended up penned between a cow and a bar. That will teach him to keep his head out of places where it doesn't belong. He woke with a headache and a sore neck.

Off to work in the garden.

( remember if you have a question or if you have a topic that you would like me to cover, email me or leave it in comments)

4 comments:

Anita said...

Love the pictures of the kids...lol And the cat - was there a smoker present when you took that one?

Hope you mend fast!

lisa said...

Sorry to hear you're hurt-tendonitis can be a bugger (it heals slowly). I like "Urth"...it's short and will be easy to call. :)

Dancingfarmer said...

Think they will grow taller now with only rain and some occasional compost?
Much cheaper than feeding them I'd say (from the parent of an bottomless pit, 16 year old, 8 inches in 7months, growing boy)
Monica

Phelan said...

Anita, yes...I smoke. And my arm is finally feeling better.

Lisa, thank you, it seems to be on the mend.

Monica, ha! do you remember a comercial for a credit card. They had a house full of boys, and the dad walks downstairs in the middle of the night and finds one of the boys in the fridge "Are you eating butter?"

That's my house.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...