Donate Now!

Donate Now!
Buy a membership or koozies to help!

Monday, March 17, 2008

I'm milking in the rain, just milking in the rain. . .

This morning was my first time milking during a thunderstorm. Mama was forced to wait outside of the barn while I took care of Edie.

It's not so bad, but it will be nice when the rain is warmer then it is.

We had a bbq for my husband's birthday on Sat. We had a good time, and it was nice to forget about work for a bit. However come 7pm I had to go milk the cows. Some teen boys from across the street were over and 2 of them had never seen anyone milk a cow. I said they could watch. One of the boys, very talkative, very urban, kept asking what it felt like. So after I was done with Mama I allowed them to come in a feel Edie's udder. The kid was giggling, until he realized that his expensive shoes where standing in cow manure. One of the boys had dealt with cows before, and decided to come on in to pet one. I will say that if I was 15, he would be the one I had a crush on. I asked the city boy if he was going to say he felt up a cow on spring break? The two other teens rolled with laughter. His uncle later informed me that he would be telling everyone about groping a cow. It was my turn to roll with laughter.

Friday evening my grandmother fell and broke her hip. She should be having surgery some time today. My mother isn't doing too well.

Yesterday my husband and I cuddled against the bitter wind and sat in front of a nice little camp fire. We brewed coffee, and burned our tongued as well as my chair.

Potato time.

5 comments:

Stacie said...

We had a dairy when we were first married, and I remember how it could at times be a bummer to have to leave the festivities and go to the barn. But those were good days...

Anonymous said...

I'm glad a good time was had at Dan's party. I wish I could have been there.

I'm very sorry to hear about your grandmother's hip. I hope the surgery goes well. I also hope your mother feels better soon.

WisdomBuilders said...

It was very entertaining to read a few of your blog entries. Thanks.

Anita said...

Prayers for your grandmother and mother...

Nothing like coffee brewed over a fire...Burning the chair, too? Sounds like a memorable time.. lol

Gina said...

Hope your family is doing better. Oversleeping is good when it is needed and I am guessing it was needed!!!

Your girls are lovely, BTW!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...