Donate Now!

Donate Now!
Buy a membership or koozies to help!

Saturday, February 09, 2008

I Would Love to Be Able to Attend

From Cattle Network,


R-CALF: Star Experts Stack Convention’s Animal ID Panel

Omaha, Neb.R-CALF USA does not support the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA’s) efforts to register premises under the agency’s National Animal Identification System (NAIS), and the subject will be a hot topic at the group’s upcoming annual convention here, Feb. 20-23, at the Holiday Inn Omaha Convention Center, located at 72nd Street and Interstate 80.

“I’m very excited that our Animal ID panelists will have the opportunity to educate cattle producers on all the problems with NAIS,” said R-CALF USA Animal ID Committee Chair Kenny Fox. “Education is the key to fighting this battle, and each one of the speakers on our panel has helped us greatly in our fight. We hope everyone who’s worried about USDA’s efforts on this front will join us for the discussion at 1 p.m. CST on Thursday, Feb. 21.”

The article continues with the top 10
list in opposition to premises registration, compiled by R-CALF USA’s Animal ID Committee:

3 comments:

Henwhisperer said...

Can you go to VICFA's second annual Farm Food Voices in DC on March 5th? Email me directly henwhisperer at gmail dot com for the info.

Phelan said...

No, though that one sounds like something I would enjoy as well. Nebraska is only a good day trip for me, but still....

Anonymous said...

excellent list of "what's wrong with this picture"

I'm proud of my folks on this issue.I wish you could have seen them roll their eyes when I asked if they had heard of NAIS. They raise show longhorns, and all the longhorn associations adamantly oppose it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...