Donate Now!

Donate Now!
Buy a membership or koozies to help!

Monday, January 28, 2008

If you go for the easy green. . .

Normally I am not the type of person that refers you to a company, period. Let alone a company who has decided to advertise their greenness. This green thing seems to be another way to "keep up with the Jones' ". And as more and more companies push this in their ads, the more annoyed I get.

I did however receive an email the other day, it was asking if I would write about a company's plant a tree drive. I took some time to mull it over and look at the people involved. Eventually agreeing to write up a post. Most of you know my addiction to books. I have my fair share of paper books. So my hesitation is not purely based on the greenness factor, ichapters is a company that sells text book chapters to people when they need just those chapters. If I was in school, this would be great for me, personally however, I am not fond of the online media form. It doesn't feel a intimate to me, plus it gives me a headache. Yet this is an era in which more and more people are choosing to read their assignments and entertainment online.

If you buy a book or chapter from ichapters.com, they will plant a tree in your name. Unlike other companies that end up charging you for this program, they have partnered up with Changing the Present, there will be no other fees involved.

So if you really want a tree planted in your name, hey it could end up next to mine, this is a good way to go. Especially those of you that have nowhere else to plant a tree.




Static Badge 150 x 150

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That does sound like a good idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...