Donate Now!

Donate Now!
Buy a membership or koozies to help!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

What to do.

With Thanksgiving just around the corner, more people have been arriving here at my blog, looking how to Butcher their own Turkey. One person, who I feel bad for, came in on that post while looking for vegetarian homesteaders. Yet I don't feel to bad, because the subject matter is in the tittle. All my more popular posts are listed in the sidebar, under Posts of Interest.

Speaking of popular posts, I would like to say hi and send a warm welcome to those of you that found their way here due to yesterdays post. I do hope you were on break when you looked up my blog. I would hate to think you might be getting into trouble for surfing the web during business hours. Which reminds me, I did find an article from Presidential hopeful Ron Paul on NAIS, he merely reiterates what we have already said, but a least he cares enough to say something negative about it. I have other NAIS informative sites on my sidebar. Feel free to read them while you are on break today.

I am in the mood for some how-to's. What are you wanting to learn about? Sorry I don't know how to hog a pond, maybe this spring I will. Anything else?

4 comments:

Celeste said...

A how to. Guess what I am going to have to learn? How to make candied fruit peel. I need candied lemon and orange peel for my fruitcake and I cannot find any at the stores and it costs way to much to order on line

Anonymous said...

I'm a wanna-be vegetarian homesteader, and I wasn't offended, so I'm sure they'll survive.

I wish I could think of things I want to ask you. I know there is so much I don't know...but I don't know what it is!

Robbyn said...

How about the best way to strain fresh milk? My cousin called and they have their first milk cow. For some reason, they feel that when they're straining milk, it's taking a long time to strain. I think he bought a strainer, but it was for goat milk, and is still taking quite a while to get through the filter/fabric/whatever-is-in-a-goat-milk-strainer. Got advice? :)

Phelan said...

Celeste and lynn, you have a post to read today. :D

Robbyn, I do not yet have a milking cow, but have been doing research because, well we are determined to get them. I will post what I know, but I have not yet done it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...