Donate Now!

Donate Now!
Buy a membership or koozies to help!

Monday, July 03, 2006

This is your warning


The holiday weekend, this means my husband has more than the weekend off, which means he has more work for me to do. I was hoping to write about trimming birds feathers, but instead my next entry will be all about ducks.

We have two ducks, both male. No one nor did any book inform us that a male duck without the companionship of a female duck will attempt to mate with any of female bird that it can grab hold of. My poor hens. We butchered two of the three rooster because they were mating with hens to death. We thought this would end the problem, but it merely created an easier opening for the ducks to have their turn. My hens are scared, my ducks tag team them.

Prepare yourself for tomorrow will be all about how not to dress a duck.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...