Donate Now!

Donate Now!
Buy a membership or koozies to help!

Saturday, June 30, 2012

What the Heck is Going on in Here!?

pledge drive for pets2vets

For those of you clicking over from other blogs. Welcome to blogathon 2012! ( some reason I first typed 2004)

For the next 23 hours, I am taking pledges to help raise money for the charity, Companions for Heroes. This organization pairs vets and civilian heroes with trained shelter animals. 2 good deeds for the price of 1!

Did you know

There are 18 veterans in the United States that commit suicide everyday and one (1) shelter animal is put down every eight seconds — C4H’s work helps facilitate the healing and support for the 10-12 million men and women that suffer with some form of psychological condition and homes for the 4-5 million shelter animals that are euthanized every year so that both may live in dignity together. C4H provides our nation’s heroes that do not have a companion animal, a choice in selecting a dog or cat, while providing cost-effective Animal Assisted Activities (animal companionship) as they pursue rehabilitative and therapeutic care from their health care providers.

To find out more about this charity, please go to their website, companions for Heroes. Then come back here to pledge!

wow, that was a scary large picture. Sorry about that.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, I had no idea about the soldiers. I knew somewhat, but not to this extent. What a great charity you are working with! Animals are always great healers.

kymber said...

this is an awesome charity and one that actually saves lives - both human and animal. i have made my pledge of $50. thanks Phelan!

your friend,
kymber

Phelan said...

Heather, I didn't know it was this bad either. A somber thought.

Thank you Kymber!

Maxine said...

Sent $25.00 over a couple of weeks ago (I may have forgotten to tag it with your name but I'll give you mine to confirm if you need to.). I'll stop back over this afternoon/evening and give them the second $25.00. I've got more folks at work talking about this so there may be a third before this is over....:)

Noelle said...

Watching you do this makes me really excited for my own shift at the end of next month! Have fun!

Phelan said...

Thank you Maxine! I don't need any credit for this. And no proof required.

Noelle, I'll be there to cheer you on!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...