Donate Now!

Donate Now!
Buy a membership or koozies to help!

Sunday, August 15, 2010

mixed blessings?

Lets begin when my laptop decided to stop charging, I lost all my work, novels, pictures. . . big pc decides to factory reset all by it's lonesome, lost everything.

I get a letter in the mail about our mortgage. They say it is late and I have to have 2 payments in within 5 days or we are default. I scrambled and was able to pay the entire amount. I have no money for the electric bill or propane. While I am away, electric company shows up demanding payment, husband was able to pay them. The electric company came 1 week early. So everything but propane has been taking care of, and I am depressed. I don't feel like talking to anyone. How did this happen? Because of the brain damage. . . well I blamed it on that. 2 days later another letter from the mortgage company, I have over paid. ~sigh~ I have to remember to check the postmarks on things, letters can run 2 weeks late here.

Phone breaks. I can text but not hear anyone and they can't hear me. I take it in, they of course can't fix it. Sucker me into buying a new phone. Bought the cheapest one I could get. Looks like a candy dispenser. I only need to have people hear me, and to be able to hear them. I don't need all the other fancy stuff.

I went to buy school supplies. Got what all I could find. Yes, the boys will stay in public school another year. I now have $9 to my name and not all the supplies needed.

Medium and small started school on Friday. I sent them off and curled up to read, having done all my chores before waking them. The phone rings, you know the one the looks like a candy dispenser, it's my mother.

"You have a problem, your cows are gone."

3 comments:

Lamb said...

Oh, hell, woman! You HAVE been put through the wringer!!!
Dare I ask...where are the cows?

SkippyMom said...

Hang strong Phelan - at least everything is paid up - you won't need the propane at least until fall - grilling and crockpotting works for meals - and who wants to heat up the house with a nasty stove anyway. [I know - hot water, see below]

And now you are ahead in your mortgage, so once Sept. rolls around you will be good. There will be a little extra there.

I know it is tough - I have been without a phone for almost 3 months [and we did entirely without gas for all of last summer [broken line] - cold showers SUCK, but we did it - you just have to] It does get easier and then you get thrown another curveball.

It's life - but you and I we deal and move on. Eh?

Sorry about the cows. They do seem to get loose a lot. Nasty buggers.

Phelan said...

You'll find out lamb

Skipy, 2 weeks without the phone. only reason I got it was because of the boys nd school. Went without propane last winter, so much fun. Just hve to wait another week and that will be good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...