Donate Now!

Donate Now!
Buy a membership or koozies to help!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Depression gift, Squishy Blocks

If you have a sewing machine, you can whip this up in no time at all.

First you need 6 squares of fabric, all the same size. Then they need to be sewn together like this.





Finish off the blocks, by sewing them into cubes, flipping it right side out and stuffing it. Sew the last opening together. If you hand stitch as horribly as I, you can hide it with yarn outlines.

If you have time, and the know how, you can stitch in your own pattern. Here is my butterfly.

I didn't have a hoop, so husband made me one out of a peanut can container. I do so adore him.

And the finished project should look some what like this (if not better)


I still have several more to finish up. But I think the two new babies in our family will eventually enjoy them.

7 comments:

HermitJim said...

Granny made stuff is always a good thing for kids! In later years, they will really come to cherish them!

You do good work, my friend!

Phelan said...

Granny? I hope not yet. I am hoping for my oldest to be moved out of the house before he stats reproducing. At least another 5 years.

;)

SkippyMom said...

Those are really neat Phelan - and your husband is very clever! Thanks for the idea - we have some new babies in our life so I will have to whip some of these up.

DianeLynn said...

This post reminds me of my mom...she would use anything to make something needful. Nothing ever went to waste. She was a wonderful seamstress even when using the "old" fashion sewing of things.
Merry Christmas!

Given55 said...

You did a great job. I had to peek. Is that my present? You know I like squishy blocks.

Phelan said...

yes mother, I made them for you. I figured you would love them.

Unknown said...

Just so you know, the two new babies and their surprise little brother STILL love these squishy blocks! 2, 3, and 4 are perfect ages to play with these, and they have stood up amazingly well to all the play! And I do mean ALL that PLAY. :) The froggie is still my fave. Thank you, Auntie Em!;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...