Donate Now!

Donate Now!
Buy a membership or koozies to help!

Monday, August 11, 2008

That's just plain wrong.

I mentioned that I was going peach picking the other day. Yesterday we loaded up the car with baskets and boys, and took the hour drive south for free peaches. When we got there, it was discovered that someone had gleaned all the peaches without the farmers permission! He thought we had come out on Saturday and picked them while he was gone. No! We were very disappointed.

Luckily he had baking apples that were ready for picking. So we loaded up the car with those. Not as many as we got last time we were out there, but enough that it will keep me busy this week, as this weekend we will be going back out for two trees full of peaches that hadn't ripened yet. Let's just hope no one steals them before we get back out there. Beware of the apple tag, you might get more reading then you asked for!

On a personal note, my husband went in to quit that agri job this morning. The bike shop he was working for on Saturdays offered him full time work at a wage that he couldn't pass up. I get to see my husband again! Good thoughts for him if you would please. The agri job boss reminds you of a bad teenage girlfriend.

6 comments:

Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

I don't need any reminders of my bad teenage girlfriend....

Anonymous said...

Lots of good thoughts coming your hubby's way and congrats!

Stephanie Appleton said...

Stolen peaches! I would have been livid! Glad you got some apples out of the trip at least. Good news about hubby's job!

Gina said...

Sad about the peaches...

Happy about your hubby's situation!

The Fool said...

I don't know your hubby, but from what I gather, wrenching on the bikes is much more his cup of tea than an agri job. Best to you both. And what are you going to make with those apples?

Phelan said...

Thanks guys, things actually went well.

The fool, oh you will find out soon enough. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...