This hickory was having some issues. Carpenter ants had hollowed the base out, so it needed to come down. Once we realized that, we made a decision to remove a few more scattered trees. We do have over 30 acres of trees. Plus this opens up a spot closer to the house for the solar. Actually half the distance. That saves us a bit of money, plus we have fire wood and wood to create things with.
No worries, this is not where the teddy bears have their picnic, that's a bit higher up the hill.
Husband's saw just wasn't cutting it (pun intended), so Small Farm Girl and Hubby came to our rescue. We would have eventually got it done, but with their help, we got it done the same day.
We took 1 hickory (yes gathering nuts) 2 poplars, 2 walnuts and 1 oak.
This poplar had barbed wire in the center.
No one got hurt, no property damage just a good day.
Here's some eye candy for the girls (ok maybe just me)