Donate Now!

Donate Now!
Buy a membership or koozies to help!

Saturday, April 13, 2013

What a morning!

Good neighbor calls, my sheep are in his yard, headed across the street to bad dog neighbor's (aka one of the men I caught trying to steal my sheep) yard. I tell him I am sending Large after them.

As soon as I hang up, I get a text from horse neighbor. There is a lamb in their back field! Sigh.

I get Small on that one.

Phone rings, it's good neighbor, bad dog neighbor says they are his sheep, so I had better check the flock. My goodness I am a mess! I can't go chasing things all over the place! And why are they all suddenly out?

Here comes Large, all our sheep are in our field, sans the one lamb. Deep breath and a wave of calm. I have to call good neighbor back to let him know. Large is now chasing the lamb through two neighbors fields, Medium is in hiding, waiting for the lamb to get stuck in the fence. And Small, poor Small, the turkey and Winston the bull ganged up on him. He got knocked in the arm while trying to kick the Tom in self defense. Small was done.

Luckily horse neighbor came out and helped Large. But all the running around got tiring, so he went and retrieved his lasso. Didn't work out so well. Horse neighbor wife kept texting me with all the hilarity. Finally the lamb was plume warn out, they scooped him up and placed him back into our felid.

Now for the rest of the day to stay calm.

7 comments:

HermitJim said...

Sounds like a good way for everyone to get their exercise for the day!

Practical Parsimony said...

That makes me tired thinking about it.

Lonnie Thaler said...

Wow! That is a very stressful morning. At least, you had a change of routine for that day. lol :-D

FancyHorse said...

Very stressful! Hope the rest of your week is calm! Reminds me of a Bible verse, "All we like sheep have gone astray."

ZielonaMila said...

Great shot:) Greetings

Diane C said...

LOL!! I can just see everyone scurrying around trying to catch that lamb. I've had elusive dogs like that.

Doom said...

Hmm? Well, it sounds fun... for the critters. Don't we all want to get out once in a while? Glad to hear you finally got it all sorted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...