Donate Now!

Donate Now!
Buy a membership or koozies to help!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Meatloaf!

Husband wanted me to say that we were talking about the singer Meatloaf (because I didn't know but 1 or 2 songs and he was lecturing me) when the discussion about integrity came up.

The song was Paradise by the Dashboard

I couldn't take it any longer
Lord I was crazed
And when the feeling came upon me
Like a tidal wave
I started swearing to my God and on my mother's
Grave
That I would love you to the end of time
I swore that I would love you to the end of time!

So now I'm praying for the end of time
To hurry up and arrive
Cause if I gotta spend another minute with you
I don't think that I can really survive
I'll never break my promise or forget my vow
But God only knows what I can do right now
I'm praying for the end of time
It's all that I can do
Praying for
the end of time, so I can end my time
With you!!!


Of course then I said that at least he keeps to his promise (laugh).

2 comments:

Kyddryn said...

Hmm...that's why I am careful about making promises. I've never broken my word in my life...not even as a child...and I don't intend to start any time soon.

His inability to keep his word, coupled with a distinct lack of honesty (I swear, he's allergic to the truth!!) were largely what caused me to divorce my now-ex-husband. Really, who promises to clean the cat box? And then doesn't? And wonders why his word is meaningless??

Meanwhile, I like Meatloaf - he throws his all into his music, and I admire that kind of performer!

Shade and Sweetwater,
K

Richard Stooker said...

That's a great song, even though "integrity" may not be the first word that comes to mind about a rock and roll artist who was unknown until he was in THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW.

That song certainly takes me back. I wonder if kids today even use the baseball analogy. "I got to second base last night." Or if they just go straight to what Bill Clinton taught them - and what base is THAT?

Of course although he remains married to her, he's broken his promise to love her. Obviously that's long gone.

survival foods

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...