Donate Now!

Donate Now!
Buy a membership or koozies to help!

Monday, April 26, 2010

Mixed Bag

We did not go to the farmstead yesterday. Instead husband spent 4 hours mowing the neighbor across the ways farm. In return we will be getting Black belly Barbados lambs.

My bees are all dead. I have been feeling guilty, trying to figure out what I did wrong. The other day I looked out as I was passing through my living room and saw a large yard spraying truck in the road. They were spaying the neighbor across the ways lawn! After I had asked her not to do anything like that because of the bees. She had agreed as they had never sprayed before. But last year she had mentioned something about all the mosquitoes. I will see her today.

We began building our turkey hotel. Will have photos and step by steps later.

And I wanted to say that it is ok to talk to me, I only bite my husband. If you have any questions, please ask. I am always willing to help out the best I can.

8 comments:

FarmerGeek said...

It is ok to talk to you? Naw, you are the big bad farmer lady with all the animals and the motorcycles and the .22's, and and and...

Well, ok, maybe you aren't all that scary... So I figured I would start today off and say "hey". Sounds like you have your work cut out for you... but then again, the work never stops, does it? :-)

HermitJim said...

Just gotta love the old barter system...and trading the mowing for the lambs sounds like a good trade to me!

You take care, my friend! Oh, and sorry to hear about the bees!

Unknown said...

It really sucks about the bees. This is a big problem across the country that I think does not get enough attention.
I can hardly wait for lamb pics. Oh and, Like Farmer Geek said You really aren't all THAT scary!

Then again.... my word verification is mrspms???? bwahhhahhhaa

alrescate said...

Sorry to hear about your bees. Will you be able to get some new ones for the farmstead?

(Is it wrong that I chuckled that my word verification was "ponecone"?)

SkippyMom said...

I find you to be one of the most compassionate people - you feel strongly about all you believe and are willing to share you knowledge and lifes work with equnamity and a way in which we all benefit.

You and your mom have helped me immensely these past few weeks and I don't know how to thank you but I am definitely going to figure something out :) - Hope you have a wonderful day. I'll be thinking of you.

Phelan said...

Hi Farmergeek, all is well with you I hope.

Jim, I do hope it is a good trade indeed.

Scifi, I do hope I have some pics for you soon.

Alrescate, There are a bunch of bees at the farmstead. I am going to see if I can get an of them to live in a box. ponecone ha!

Skippy, yes I did sic my mother on you. It seems that it is ok. I am very loyal to people I consider friends, and help the best way I know how. I worry about you. And selfishly I worry about myself. Statistically I have lupus, it just hasn't shown itself yet. So I am working up on Karma point ;)

The Unusual Farmchick said...

Great trade! Just how big was this "yard" he mowed? LOL.
So sad about the bees. I feel your upset. Our bees did not die but flew away with their new queen. Darn her! Hopefully I can get this other neighbor to sell me those 8 frame hives before we move in a few months.
Questions? Yeah. How come you find all these great bartering deals? :) I'm looking for a few meat goats come late summer and would mow a few acres in exchange! I'll just walk away before I get much greener with envy...:)

Robbyn said...

So sorry about your bees...some people just don't get it about insects. We love bees. I'm SO excited about your blackbellies...those are the breed we think we'd like to have someday...can't wait to see how it goes :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...