Donate Now!

Donate Now!
Buy a membership or koozies to help!

Friday, April 16, 2010

Cats don't like baths, and other useless info

The fleas have started early this year. Usually i is high summer before things get bad. But it has gotten bad, so I threw my cats into the bathtub. (and threw is a figure of speech. I could just picturing me spiking those cats though)

1/2 part dawn
1/2 part vinegar

equals a bazillion dead fleas.

The you get to walk around with a spray bottle with a vinegar/ water mix and spray ever single surface of the house.

Cats scream while getting bathed.

Betty (goat) keeps getting her head stuck in the fence. Ni (goat kid,) takes this opportunity to practice being a man. Betty beats him up rather well once her head has been removed. (from the fence, not her body)

Husband is now the Official Turkey Master, not to be confused with turkey baster. He opens the pen and they follow him around all day while he is working. if they get distracted and lose him, they call out. When husband feels like it, he calls back and you have 8 small turkeys running like their lives depended on it.

If the school finds a tick on your child, they pull it off and tape it to a piece of paper to be seen by you.

Now for a couple of items that are not useless info;

I have decided to raise money for the Downed Bikers association for this years blogathon. If you wish to advertise on my blog, please donate an item to be raffled off during that time. I will have a full information page about this very soon.

Also go check out The Unusually Unusual Farmchick. She is taping a series about homesteaders. 100 Acre Wood is the subject of today's video.

3 comments:

Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

Thanks for the love!

The Unusual Farmchick said...

Thanks for the mention Phelan! I was just coming over to see if you listed where in Kansas you are located...Working on a possible road trip to visit my best friend who lives just outside
kansas city,Mo- looking at possibly July. See? Ya never know where I'll pop up. LOL. I knew I wanted to spotlight your place at some point in this series and after a call with my girl, We determined it has been too long since our last visit and who knows when the next time will come after this winter. :)

Phelan said...

I am 3 hours south-west of KC

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...