Donate Now!

Donate Now!
Buy a membership or koozies to help!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

It's not the flu!

I have all three of my boys home sick. I too have the same wicked COLD. Not the flu, it's just a nasty cold. It happens. Sometimes you can get sick with something else other than the current fad disease. I have always been dancing against the norm, it's just how I roll.

But today I get to play the roll of Typhoid Mary. Oh I can feel the love now. Make sure you have your Lysol ready so you can clean the screen that you are ready. I think I might just want to dress up as Typhoid Mary for Halloween. Large is going as Bruce Cambell. He is so my child. We just need to find a small toy chainsaw to complete the outfit. I don't know if too many people will get what he is without this little part. Not sure yet what the other 2 will be going as. We will work that out.

Some of you know that I really don't do the whole forum thing. But if you ever want to, you can find me at this forum over on The Modern Homestead.

For some reason yesterday's post about peanuts didn't show up as an update. And many of you read because a 3rd party told you to, so if you want to know a little sumpem sumpem about the peanuts, look closely at yesterdays post.

Currently in a small farm outside of Wichita Kansas it is 61F, breezy and sleepy. A woman sits watching her cattle graze and eying the storm that seems to be brewing on the horizon. And contemplating that she must indeed suffer from adult ADD, and it gives her the excuse to do this; Monday's Customer showed up on Monday, HA! Can you believe that. And brought walnuts with him. Small was instantly on hammer duty as soon as his father (that would bem y husband) told him what it was about. Oh the carnage. I felt bad however. I have no apples this year. In case some of you were wondering why my 2 months, non stop apple posts, ramblings and trivia were lacking. The people that I had the hook up with, up and moved. so no apple stuff this year. But no worries my little pretties, I have more than enough apple stories stored away from the previous years to keep you entertained.

Here is your mission if you so choose to accept it. What would you do if a large trash bag of walnuts showed up on your doorstep. (extra credit for uniqueness and wit) this message will self destruct in 5 seconds, this is for your COLD safety.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL crack & freeze 'em! =) No originality here. Sorry. Not enough coffee in the system.

Meadowlark said...

Paint them gold, sprinkle with glitter, add a tiny red ribbon and use as a Christmas ornament.

I say that because we have just such an ornament on our tree, that's been handed down for ages and with no idea of whence it came.

Or, you could roast them over the firepit and crack 'em and eat 'em.
:)

HermitJim said...

My ex-FIL in East Texas used to take walnuts, put them in a burlap sack, and run his pickup over them back and forth a few times to crack the hulls off!

They grew wild in the woods out there...so he always had plenty!

Anonymous said...

At first I, too, was suspcious of the hype H1N1 virus, but now that almost 100 kids have died, not so much.

But calling it a fad? Really? Glad you all have a cold.

I like the idea of running over the bag of walnuts with the truck. You always complain about not having this or that - now you have a plethora of nut meat and an easy way to access them. [We have actually used this method and it works.]

Use them and be thankful.

Phelan said...

anonymous, seriously? I was being silly and playful throughout the entire post. I don't think I was complaining about the walnuts at all. This year has been rough, but I don't believe all I do is complain about not having this and that. It does get worrisome at times, and since this blog is about my life, I just tell you what is up.

I find it interesting that when I complain I am gritched at by somebody, and when I am in a good mood and playful, someone else gritches at me. ah well, I am still in a good mood, no matter all the BS that is happening right now. If you don't like what I have to say or how I say it, please stop coming by, others have.

FancyHorse said...

We have pecans, not walnuts. Pecan pie is delicious, can you make walnut pie? I've never heard of it. Google for pecan pie and substitute walnuts for pecans. It might be good!

(I'm not a cook, so I don't have a pecan pie recipe. I ate a piece of shoo-fly pie in Ohio once, and it reminded me of pecan pie without pecans, so maybe you could add walnuts to a shoo-fly pie recipe.)

Good luck! I'm sorry you and sons have been sick, I hope you get better soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...