Donate Now!

Donate Now!
Buy a membership or koozies to help!

Monday, November 17, 2008

Great Depression Photos

Many have questioned my choice in mastheads. There seems to be some mourning of the loss of the goat shearing pic. I could put it back if everyone wants that. No big deal. But this photo is of my mother's side of the family, right before the Great Depression. There is only 8 kids in the photo, there was a total of 11 kids.


grandma nancy as a toddler

This is my grandmother during the Great Depression

my great aunts

And here are 4 of her sisters.

6 comments:

Donna. W said...

I love old photos like that. My parents were married in 1932, and Mother had many stories about hard times.

SkippyMom said...

I love the old pics too...we don't have them in our family [lost to fire/flood] and it is neat to be able to see other's faminlies.

It's me said...

I do miss the sheep, but enjoy old pictures too. Besides, it's YOUR blog! :)

My maternal grandparents came from families withy 13 kids and 11 kids. So there are tons of great aunts and uncles.

Anita said...

I like them both... but am partial to the old pics!

Anonymous said...

I like the sheep; however, I am enjoying the new picture and template (eye candy, Mmmmm).

Robbyn said...

I like the family photo :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...