Donate Now!

Donate Now!
Buy a membership or koozies to help!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Blueberry butter and Grape Jam

I will not rehash the blueberry butter scene, I posted the recipe here, back in July of last year.

Hectic morning! Boys start school today! I thought it was tomorrow!

Grape Jam

6 c. prepared fruit (about 4 lbs. ripe grapes)
1 box powdered fruit pectin
7 1/2 c. (3 1/4 lbs.) sugar

Prepare grapes, by mashing through a food processor. Place into a large pan, stir in pectin and bring to a boil. Stir in sugar all at once, bring to a hard boil over high heat for 1 full minute. Remove from heat, and strain through a cheese cloth. Remove any foam. Place into your hot sterile jars.

More food to talk about tomorrow.

5 comments:

LivingSimply47 said...

Hello,
This is my first-time coming across your blog and commenting. Just wanted to say that I have found it very interesting and hope to stop back by to continue reading.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is awesome. Thanks for sharing the recipe for grape jam. I recently bought ten pounds of pectin from Pacific Pectin. I like making jam, and I got tired of not having it on hand when I got in some extra fruit. We'll see how long it takes to go through ten pounds of it. :-)

Phelan said...

Livingsimply27, Welcome!

Sue, Welcome and thank you!

Gina said...

LOL, I had to laugh because of the similarity! Shawnee was suppose to start his VERY first day of school Tuesday and his mom (cough, cough) messed up and wrote down Thursday. So, my boy go to skip his first two days of school!

Phelan said...

Gina, my boys would be jealous! I drove my oldest to school while my husband go the middle boy ready. He made it on the bus. They didn't have all their school supplies. Ugh!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...