Donate Now!

Donate Now!
Buy a membership or koozies to help!

Monday, June 23, 2008

Let's get physical, physical. I waaaannnnaaa get...

I have made a crucial decision in my homesteading life. I know that some of you might find this hard to swallow. And you will leave me comment or emails like "NNNNOOOOO! You can't!" But this is something that I have thought over and decided it would be best.

I am bringing back the sweatband.

I know, total 80's. But as I was in the garden yesterday, sweat was dripping into my eyes. It must be done, I can no longer do this without one. I really don't want to upset anyone.

The garden is doing rather well for all the flooding that has happened here. My tomato leaves have a little yellow on them, but we are entering summer in Kansas. July will be ok, but August. Listen if you ever want to come visit the yellow brick road, don't come here in August. And if this is your first year here is Kansas, might I suggest a summer vacation during that month. No one should suffer August in Kansas. Well, that was a tad off subject. I need to tie the leaves up over the cauliflower that is coming in, we want to keep it from getting a sunburn. Everything else seems to be doing just fine, except for my melons. They were constantly flooded for almost a full month, only 5 out of 300 made it. Not good odds.

Now, to go find me a sweatband.

8 comments:

Matriarchy said...

I roll up a bandana for a sweatband. A little more biker-chick and less Olivia Newton John.

But you can do like I use to in the 80's - cut the sleeves off a t-shirt and use them for headbands to match your artfully shredded shirt. For a final touch of the 80's, cut the bottom of the shirt into fringe. Oh - and wear it over a tube top. You do have a tube top, don't you?

Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

LeBron James wearing a sweat band doesn't remind me of Olivia Newton John. You will not either.

Danielle said...

I just keep a tie-dyed flour sack dish towel in my pocket for mopping up. The sweatband would get in the way of my cool baseball cap that keeps all the no-see-ems away from my eyeballs. ;)

Unknown said...

Go YOU! My sweetie, who is sweatie, wears his sweatband all the time!!!!

Given55 said...

I have something for you over at my place.

Sharon "Lucero" said...

There's nothing wrong with using a sweatband. I just hope it's a little more attractive than the tattered piece of shammy cloth attached to an old rubber band that my father-in-law uses. You always know he's been working hard when he's got that nasty thing tied to his forehead.

Phelan said...

Matriarchy, tube top? hahaha. ummm, no. I don't think I was ever that cool in the 80's.

Tim, so what? I'll remind you of Lebron James then?

danielle, no see-ums in the eyeballs? I have yet to have that [roblem, flinging dirt and mud in my eyes howerver. A tie died flour sack? Now I like that one.

Tocco, thank you. I am glad to see that I will not be the only one bringing this fad back.

given, you scare me.

Sharon S, it has personality. :D

lisa said...

I hope you plan to accessorize with matching sweat bands on your wrists! Then there are the leg warmers for fall, and a stretchy metal belt to hold your pants up, or maybe "Mork from Ork" suspenders. Yea, that's it, and you could use a mood ring to decide what you feel like doing, and a pet rock, and...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...