Donate Now!

Donate Now!
Buy a membership or koozies to help!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I knew it Wouldn't Be Easy

Yesterday we anchored the neck chain. The same ones we have seen throughout dairy books and homesteading books. We got Mama in it at a time that is normally not milking time as I knew she wouldn't be happy and if it was milking time she would not relax enough to let down. She was ticked! Once the grain ran out, she discovered she couldn't back out, and she fought it. I was getting upset by watching her, but then remembered what our dogs do when they are getting lead broke. It was the same type of fit. After awhile she did calm down and I was afraid that she would no longer enter that stanchion on her own. But later that night she did, and we did not put the chain on her. I picked up a dairy feed and management lecture book, and plan on growing as much as my own treat grain as possible.

Eddie's udder is getting larger. Not sure how much bigger it can get before that baby pops out. She can't be comfortable. Just looking at her makes me ache in memories.

We are coming up on gardening season once again. The potatoes shall be in next week, along with all of our cooler weather vegetables. I have a line on some local bees as well, I will be calling him later today. I am excited!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bees! How awesome!

It sounds like you will have a calf soon....

Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

oh we are sooo behind when it comes to the garden....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...