Donate Now!

Donate Now!
Buy a membership or koozies to help!

Thursday, April 26, 2007

untitled

Thank you for all your comments about the teasing. I will not be pulling him out to home school right now. But I have looked into co-op schooling. Can't find one here. I know that he will be fine through this, I had just hoped that he wouldn't go through the teasing. Right now I am glad he dosn't have the attitude his father did at that age, I would be scared for the other children. He has decided to play with the other country kids and ignore the ones that have been teasing him.

I have one horrific migraine going on right now, and shouldn't be looking at a computer screen. I am several hours behind on chores. I am frustrated and ready to throw it all in. All 4 of our turkeys are dead or gone. 6 hens went missing while we went to Texas, including both my banny hens, and no feathers to be found. Same thing happened last year at this time. Today is the first day all week that it hasn't rained, and I hurt to much to work in the garden.

I am crawling back into bed, maybe it will all be better in a few hours and I can get some things done.

5 comments:

Stephanie Appleton said...

Good for him!

Sorry you are having a rough day! Hope you get a nap and are feeling better!

Donna. W said...

I'm sorry about your poultry disappearing. I've been through that so many times that we finally just gave up and confined our chickens. Between the skunks, possums, raccoons, foxes, coyotes, and the neighbors' dogs, there was nothing else we COULD do.

Jeff Roberts said...

One other thought...is he into sports or band or anything? I was such a geek in high school (ah, hey, I guess I still am) but among the band kids I was king! :-) At least there are some other farm kids for him to hang out with. Maybe he'll find more common interests with the other kids later on.

ollie1976 said...

Feel better!

lisa said...

Hope you're feeling better! I'm commenting kinda late, but as for teasing-I can't believe schools still let this crap go on like they do! It's too easy for hurt feelings to turn to rage and end in violence. I was teased a lot as a jr. high-schooler, and at first I just decided that if everybody hates me, then I hate them MORE. I went around grumpy for nearly a year, until I realized the only unhappy person was me. Plus other fat kids had friends (reason I was teased)...then I realized it was their nicer attitude. So I decided that I'll be nice to EVERYONE, and if they're still mean to me, then THEY are the jerks. At first, the other kids acted bewildered, but the "kill them with kindness" thing really worked. Even if they said nasty stuff to me, I'd just smile, which took the fun right out of it for them. For me, it was more comfortable to have 1 or 2 friends I could rely on who really cared, rather than be considered "popular" by a bunch of insincere backstabbers. Sure hope things work out for him that he keeps his good attitude, because it really IS everything! (BTW, once my "baby fat" fell off as a freshman in high school, all the haters suddenly liked me...go figure!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...